Polygon, formerly known as the Matic Network, is a scaling solution that aims to provide multiple tools to improve the speed and reduce the cost and complexities of transactions on blockchain networks.
1. To add Polygon’s Mainnet, click on the Network selection dropdown and then click on Custom RPC.
2. It will open up a form with 2 tabs on the top, Settings and Info. In the Settings tab you can add Polygon Mainnet in the Network Name field, URL https://polygon-rpc.com/ in the New RPC URL field, 137 in Chain ID field, MATIC in Currency Symbol field and https://polygonscan.com/ in Block Explorer URL field.
3. Once you’ve added the information click on Save. You will be directly switched to Polygon’s Mainnet now in the network dropdown list. You can now close the dialog.
Smart Chain is a blockchain network built for running smart contract-based applications. BSC runs in parallel with Binance’s native Binance Chain (BC), which allows users to get the best of both worlds: the high transaction capacity of BC and the smart contract functionality of BSC.
1. To add Binance Smart Chain, click on the Network selection dropdown and then click on Custom RPC.
2. It will open up a form with 2 tabs on the top, Settings and Info. In the Settings tab you can add Binance Smart Chain in the Network Name field, URL https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org in the New RPC URL field, 56 in Chain ID field, MATIC in Currency Symbol field and https://bscscan.com in Block Explorer URL field.
3. Once you’ve added the information click on Save. You will be directly switched to Binance Smart Chain now in the network dropdown list. You can now close the dialog.
There are many different exchanges that you can use to buy MATIC. In this example, I will show you how to do it on Crypto.comas it's super easy and the withdrawal fees are low.
1. If you don't already, you can set up and register a Crypto.com account by downloading the Android or IOS app:
2. When you have your account ready to go, tap the lion symbol in the menu:
3. Then tap Buy:
4. Here you can search for either MATIC or Polygon. Select Polygon in this list:
5. Now you can simply add how much you want to spend. In this example, we will add a modest 40 MATIC:
6. Once you have the amount keyed in, click Buy, check the summary and tap Confirm.
That's it done, you are now the proud owner of MATIC!
Transfer MATIC to Polygon Wallet
Now you want to transfer your MATIC to your Polygon Wallet. Again, this is easier than a Sunday morning!
1. Tap the lion symbol in the menu:
2. Then tap on Crypto Wallet:
3. Now select Polygon from your wallet list:
4. This will take you to the MATIC token page. Tap transfer over to the right.
5. Next tap withdraw in the bottom tray:
5. Tap External Wallet.
6. You'll now need to add a new wallet to your Withdrawal Whitelist. Tap Add Wallet Address:
6. Make sure you select Polygon as the network. This will send your MATIC direct to your Polygon Wallet (you must have one set-up or you will lose your withdrawal).
If you select ECR20, it will send the tokens to your Etherium wallet (at much higher fees!).
7. Add your Polygon Wallet Address in the field and choose a Wallet Name (I kept it simple by just calling it Polygon).
Now you can add the amount you want to transfer across. I will send the MAX amount across, which you can do quickly by tapping the blue MAX link in the bottom right.
8. Once ready, tap withdraw.
You will see a summary of the transaction and the small 0.08 MATIC fee. Click Confirm and that's you done!
8. Check your Metamask wallet and your MATIC should arrive shortly.
The Cross-Chain Router: Enables any assets to be transferred between multiple chains, no matter if they are native or created with Multichain's Bridge. Visit app.multichain.org to route tokens on Multichain!